There is a trend of bringing expensive and branded gadgets from abroad. Bringing pricey and branded electronics from other countries is gradually increasing in Nepal. However, if you bring along additional gadgets, there will be a challenge. Electronic devices that you bring into Nepal are subject to a few regulations. To discourage the importation of electronic goods from abroad, such as mobile phones, cameras, and laptops, customs inspections have been increased in the airports in Nepal
Find out what you can and cannot bring this time, since Tribhuvan International Airport has recently strengthened the rules on luggage inspections at customs.
General criteria for bringing electronic devices in Nepal
It’s important to understand the general criteria for bringing electronic devices through Nepalese airports before entering into the specific regulations.
Hand luggage: The majority of electrical devices should be stored in your carry-on luggage. Among them are gadgets like computers, tablets, cell phones, cameras, and chargers. Always be prepared to remove these items for scrutiny since your carry-on luggage will be subject to security screening.
Checked Luggage: Even though you can bring electronic gadgets in your checked luggage, it is advised to keep important and delicate things in your carry-on to avoid theft or damage.
Electric gadgets that are allowed in Airport of Nepal
There are certain rules and specific regulations on Electronic gadgets that are allowed in the Airport of Nepal. So take a closer look at the list of gadgets that you can bring to Nepal and the lists are as follows:
- Tablets and laptops: You may bring one tablet or laptop in your carry-on bag. Ensure you take it out of your backpack for a separate X-ray check during security screening.
- Smartphones: You are allowed to bring two sets of smartphones, but you must keep them in your carry-on luggage.
- Power banks: Power banks are acceptable in carry-on bags, but you should consider their capacity. The airline and Nepal’s Civil Aviation Authority must approve power banks with watt-hour capacities above 100 Wh. To prevent issues, it is advised only to carry power banks with a capacity under 100 Wh.
- Digital cameras: You may bring one camera and video camera with you in your carry-on luggage. Make sure you take them off so that they may be inspected during security screening.
- TV: Nepalese who have spent at least one year abroad can bring a TV up to 32 inches. If your TV is greater than 32 inches, you must pay a customs charge based on the inch. One TV can only be imported, nevertheless, without paying customs duty.
- Chargers and cords: Your carry-on luggage is permitted to contain chargers and charging cords. To make the security screening procedure simpler, it’s a good idea to keep them arranged in a tiny pouch or bag.
- Other electronic devices: E-readers, portable gaming systems, and headphones are examples of additional electronic gadgets that can be transported in carry-on luggage. If requested, make sure you take them out for security inspections.
Easy Tips To Pack Your Electronic Devices Safely
Here are some practical yet simple tips for traveling safely and securely while carrying electronics:
- Invest in a high-quality case or bag made for electrical equipment. Use a Padded Travel Case.
- Store all accessories and charging cords in a different bag.
- For each particular gadget, use protective sleeves or cases.
- Batteries should be removed to avoid inadvertent activation.
- Turn off and unplug any electronics to preserve battery life and avoid activation.
- For further security while checking luggage, use TSA-approved locks.
- Place necessary equipment in your carry-on bag.
- Label your gadgets with your contact information.
- Anti-static bags should be used for electrical components like hard drives.
You may also like:
- TOP 5 MEDICAL APPS IN NEPAL
- Best gifts for your dad: On a budget and on an unlimited budget\
- Book Nepal Holiday package
How many phones can I carry to Nepal in 2023?
What is the customs duty in Nepal?
What electronic items are allowed in checked baggage?
Can I put electronics in my suitcase?
Can I put my phone charger in my hand luggage?
You may pack your baggage with confidence now that you are knowledgeable about the electrical gadgets that are permitted at Nepali airports. Keep in mind to follow these recommendations to guarantee a hassle-free airport trip in Nepal.